Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tops and Floors


Another Oliver + S Hopscotch Top in the infamous owl knit.  This is the third one I've sewn up...the other two owl tops have been outgrown.  And I still have enough fabric for at least one more.

BK in Owls and MG in Flip Flops and Flowers

I've been adding length to the pattern since I was too lazy to trace off a larger size but I definitely think it's time to move up to a size 6.  The sleeve seam is sitting to the inside of the shoulder edge, especially on BK.  These girls keep growing!

As to the floors...




The dining room is 97% finished and the kitchen is done with the exception of quarter round.  Our family room is about 1/3 of the way finished but we have yet to touch the foyer or living room.  We were very lucky to have a friend who installs wood and laminate floors for a living come over on Saturday to get us started right.  As much as I thought that we knew what we were doing, we didn't!lol  I'm hopeful that the flooring will be all installed this coming weekend.:)


I'll leave you with a photo taken Saturday evening of BK...




Pin It




13 comments:

  1. You are getting a lot of use out of that pattern, aren't you! I like it! And the floor looks great. It'll be worth the inconvenience for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty top! I would love to try something like this.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great pattern, like all things Oliver + S!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! BK can come play Star Wars with Will - he just bought himself a 'clone' helmet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P was watching Episode III over the weekend and had BK enthralled with all things Star Wars.;)

      Delete
  4. Oh dude, I really love those t-shirts. I even HAVE some of the owl print downstairs!! So funny! Must google....I have to figure out where I can get these patterns.

    OH - you asked me recently about where I found the striped fabric I used in a racerback dress for Anika. I just found it at Fabricland (Canadian equivelant of Joanne's more or less - except not quite as awesome). I totally struck out at trying to find it online or anything....do you want me to pick you up some and send it? I can see if they still have some....Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Christy! I love the Oliver + S patterns and we get a lot of use of the Hopscotch one.:) I appreciate the offer for the fabric...I think I'll pass. My fabric stash is still overflowing despite my best efforts to use some of it up. I really need to make a sizeable dent before adding to it (any more). But thanks for offering!:)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet picture of the two! It's a great t-shirt pattern - and I love the owls, of course.
    The floors are looking VERY NICE! You'll be so happy when the work is done! We (I mean my husband) installed a wood laminate floor two houses ago and it looked so much nicer than the mauve shag carpet before it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love timber floors! Especially with animals.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I am finding that the dog hair is rolling across the floor every time there's a breeze...luckily, the kids find the dust mop to be a novelty and are having fun coralling the hair. We're in the home stretch...

      Delete
  8. Aw, the picture of them together is SO sweet!! And your floors look great- I am totally jealous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are either the best of friends (that morning) or the worst of enemies (today!).lol It's turned into more of a project than I anticipated but it'll be worth it when the floors are all done.:)

      Delete
  9. That's great progress on the floors, and your Hopscotch pictures are convincing me I need to make it! Love the last pic. My 7yo son and 5yo daughter love the films too (because of their older brothers) and she carries Star Wars Lego figures around with her!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!