Monday, May 14, 2012

Under Construction

Since finishing up the third modified 2+2 top last week, I haven't been near my sewing machine.  

Shocking, isn't it?

What I have been doing is tearing up carpet and tack strips and patching our concrete slab.  Our family room used to look like this:

before


Now it resembles a construction zone:

during


That's only a small glimpse of our torn up house.  My husband and I also ripped up carpet in our living room (the kids' game/tv room) and the laminate flooring that was in the dining room.  All this de-construction is to get ready for installing new laminate flooring in all the downstair rooms with the exception of our laundry/mud room.  Hopefully, we will get started on the massive project this coming weekend.  I'd love to have it all installed and the house back to normal by the end of the month.  But knowing how home improvement projects always seem to take 5 times as long as I anticipate, I'm not holding my breath!

In sewing news...I'm looking forward to a slip cover sew-along that is going to be happening at sewingmamas.com.  Sandra from Sugar Cubes and Spice Cakes will be running it.  Check out the fabulous job she did on her couch HERE.  As you can see from the above pictures, our poor red couch has seen better days.  If we're going to have nice, new flooring we can't have a dingy, ripped up couch.:)  Also, if you haven't seen it yet, check out Tara's Class Picnic shorts with ruffles.  The shorts look great in chambray.

So, please bear with me the next few weeks if the sewing posts are sparse.  It's not that I won't be sewing...it's the blogging bit that's time consuming.  I'll be back, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes smoothly Cindy - can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!