Monday, June 11, 2012

Flashback Tee(s) for K and P



Rae of Made by Rae has just released her Flashback Skinny Tee in a larger size range (6-14). 

Hurrah!




I love it when pattern makers don't forget about the older kids.  My two big kids still let me sew for them but the pattern choices start to get a little limited the older they get.  Granted,  I don't have quite as much creative freedom as I do with the little girls but they are still willing to wear what I make.  And t-shirts are always welcome!

I happened to be on Facebook when Rae put a call out for testers.  So, while you might have thought I wasn't sewing that much in the last month...I really was busy at the machine. 


11/12 Boy Guitar1

This was an early attempt for P in a size 11/12.  I finally found a use for the guitar print.:)  As he's not so much into all over prints, this has become a pajama top.  I like that the sleeve length is nice and long.  A lot of times, I have to add additional length to long sleeve shirt patterns.  It's a lot easier to hem a sleeve shorter than it is to try and make them longer after you've already sewn the shirt up.

Our instructions as testers for the first round was to sew up our child's age.  K's first shirt was a size 13/14.

13/14 Girl

It was a little loose on her.  She's hard to fit as she's tall and thin with broad shoulders.  So for her, I needed to go by her chest measurement instead of her age. 

13/14 me3

Surprise, Surprise, the shirt fits me! 
If only I had made it out of a solid fabric.;)


There was also another shirt I had sewn for P out of a Chez Ami jersey.  However, the fabric didn't have a lot of stretch and P complained that it was too tight. 


11/12 Boy

I had K try it on...

11/12 stripes on K

...and the fit was fine on her.  But she won't wear it as it's too "boyish" for her.  If a certain JustmeJay thinks her boys would wear it, I'd be happy to post it to her.


K roxy


I played around with the pattern and some Roxy knits I purchased from Girl Charlee and made K the above shirt.  That one is a 9/10 in size. 


The shirt making did not stop there.  Round 2...

11/12


K hydrangea
9/10



If you're interested in purchasing a Flashback Skinny Tee for Big Kids pattern for yourself, head on over to HERE.  The pattern is for sizes 6-14 (woo hoo!).  And if you don't have a Big Kid quite yet, the original Flashback Skinny Tee in sizes 12 months to 5T is also available as a download. 


You're never too old for kisses from Mom!

Thank you P for still letting your ol' mom sew for you

18 comments:

  1. Aha! So that's where that rad tee of yours came from! You should rock those polka dots, it looks so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! K's new top has turned into my new top...for a couple of years anyways.:)

      Delete
  2. I agree Cindy, you could totally rock that print! Your shirts all look great. I am kicking myself for not keeping that Roxy print in my cart;) Love the modification.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My one complaint about that fabric is it is super thin and a major PITA to work with. But K is happy with the new shirt and it fit most of her design requests with the exception of some buttons. Thanks, Brittney!

      Delete
  3. YAY! These are so awesome! Yay for Rae making the bigger patterns, I'm really excited to try the larger size for me too! You TOTALLY rock the polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm sure I'll wear the shirt around the house but I'm not sure if I feel up to wearing polka dots out in public.:) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I discovered that I need to restock my solid knits in boy appropiate colors. Poor P didn't have many options in fabric.

      Delete
  5. They all look great!!! I think my favourite is the modified one with the V neck and you look fabulous in the pink t-shirt, Cindy! It really suits you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are excellent! I am really going to have to get this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you have been very busy :-) They are all fab, and I love the tshirt on you - wear it!
    (& yes, my boys would wear that tshirt, you lovely thing!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! I'll be mailing it off soon then...K's had her letter to R written for weeks and keeps asking me when I'm going to send it.:)

      Delete
  8. They look great! You are probably a great pattern tester (esp. with knits + shirts!) I actually like the shirt on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow - great job!! can i ask where you buy knits? i'm having a hard time knowing what to buy or where to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes where did you get the guitars? My 2 yr old would wear that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes where did you get the guitars? My 2 yr old would wear that in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOU ROCK THE DOTS. Seriously, it looks awesome. WEAR IT. Don't make me come down there.

    I love this. I love all of the versions. You did an amazing job and I am totally checking out the pattern right this second. AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's another one of those great basic patterns! We'll see about wearing it when it gets cold again...

      C

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!