Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Kirsten Kimono Tee Muslin

I can't remember where but I recently stumbled across a free pattern download from MariaDenmark.

  It's called the Kirsten Kimono Tee.




On Tuesday, I printed the pattern off and sewed a muslin out of a lavender cotton jersey that's been taking up space in my fabric stash.  I chose to do a medium but think I could get away with a small, especially if I use the recommended fabric (knit with lycra or elastane).  The top is supposed to have negative ease through the bust which in my muslin fabric/size medium, I don't have.  But regardless, I really like the shape of this tee. 




I'm  5' 9" and a bit long through the torso, so I ended up adding a 1 1/2 inch band to the bottom to give me a little extra length.  I finished off the neckline with FOE (fold over elastic) and used my twin needle to stitch it on.  




I love the shape of this tee and will definitely be giving it another try with a more appropriate fabric.  Which reminds me, I need to stock up on more solid knits! 


Linking up to:  The Train to Crazy Make it Wear it Thursdays

14 comments:

  1. Cute! I like the fit you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a perfect fit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely on you! A winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of this Cindy - it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! I like the shape too.:)

      Delete
  5. I am SO EXCITED to learn about this pattern - I think it's awesome!! It's adorable on you; you look amazing. Can't believe it's just a muslin. This is one of those projects that pretty much makes me want to drop everything immediately and start sewing - I really really love it; awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christy! It doesn't take long to sew up either. Attaching the FOE took the most time.;)

      Delete
  6. Nice! What a great fit! Thanks for sharing the link; I definitely need to sew a shirt like this asap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the shape of this (and the color.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great t-shirt, and fit - a VERY wearable muslin. I'm sure I've come across the pattern recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!