Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tankini Time

The hardest part about blogging...coming up with post titles.   

When BK was presented with her new swimsuit, there were cries of "Where's mine??" from MG.  I promised to sew one up in time for swim lessons on Thursday.  True to my word, I whipped out a tankini in less than 2 hours.



The pattern is a new one for me:  Kwik Sew 3605

The pattern has the tankini top and bikini bottoms I sewed plus a bikini top, "boy" shorts, and a skirt.  I made a size XS with no alterations.  Like the other Kwik Sew swimsuit pattern I have, there are handy lines on the pattern pieces to lengthen or shorten if needed.   






The fit was spot on and passed the swim lesson test!




On the docket next will be a swimsuit for big sis from the same pattern but in a different fabric.  She's not feeling the matchy match love like the 2 little girls.:)







13 comments:

  1. sewing swimsuits.....so intimidating.... They look great! What is it about summer that makes everyone's kids look older all of the sudden?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a swimsuit pro! Also, if your blog post title is a Lost in Translation reference, you're my hero forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You know, I don't think I've ever seen the movie...on my to do list and perhaps there'll be a clever reference one of these days.;)

      C

      Delete
  3. So cute!!! I can understand big sister wanting her swimsuit to be different to her little sisters'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kwik Sew has never steered me wrong with their swimsuit patterns. The fit is always great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was real happy with the other KS pattern I used and this one is just as good. Usually I won't attempt a new pattern unless the recipient is around to try the item on while it's being constructed...but I went ahead with this one and wasn't disappointed! Thanks!

      Cindy

      Delete
  5. Super cute. They look fabulous as a pair. One of these days I will get up the courage to try swimsuit sewing. I have everything I need, just have to DO IT. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can totally do it!:)

      C

      Delete
  6. Cute, cute! So, I have this pattern and it is all traced off... but it has been that way since January, ha! Probably need to pull it out now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's time, Brittney! And I'm going to harass you until you post a finished pic so watch out.hehe

      C

      Delete
  7. Super cute! I like having different garments/patterns in the same fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!