Sunday, July 29, 2012

3rd Place Win!



P's Plaid Sketchbook Shorts won 3rd place in the Shorts on the Line Judges' Choice contest!!




I love this kid.  He puts up with a lot...3 sisters (and a mom!) who tease him about girls calling to talk to him, having to watch princess movies because 3 girls out number 1 boy, and having to share a bathroom with 3 sisters who leave girly stuff scattered all over the place.  He endures most of it with grace and humor.

When I told Patrick that the shorts I had sewn for him won third place, he did a fist pump and remarked "That's Awesome!".  It is indeed.:)


The  Viewer's Choice voting is still going on HERE.  You have until tonight (July 29) at 8pm EST to place your vote!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats Cindy,he is a champ and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!! Good work to you and good work to the judges for recognizing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thanks! It was a very happy surprise.:)

      Delete
  3. you must be thrilled !!!
    and happy fabric shopping with your prize money :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats!! I knew you would win, these are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! I knew those shorts were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!!! Congrats and I hope you have fun with your prize. Well done to Patrick too, he did a fine modelling job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you!
    However I think you should have won first place with ALL of your entries!
    My daughter just loves the ones you made for yourself and wants me to make some for her exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great kid and great shorts! Congrats on the win:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that he was excited! What a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! I'm glad that at 11, he's still willing to let me sew for
      him. Though, sewing for the older kids takes a bit more effort as both
      K and P have very specific parameters that any clothes I make
      have to fall within. It's a wee bit more challenging than whipping
      something out for the younger girls. But definitely worth it! Thanks too
      for the comments on the other 2 shorts' posts.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!