Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Playing with Swimsuits

Halter Swimsuit

A friend pinned a swimsuit recently that caught my pattern hacking interest.;)  It's a simple black bather with a halter tie at the neck.  

I had kids using all the available computers when I sat down to hack the Ottobre Design Seahorse Swimsuit (03/09 #38) so I didn't have a close look at the inspiration swimsuit.  When I make my next prototype,  er muslin, I'll extend the front more before sewing on the ties.


Halter Swimsuit


Halter Swimsuit

The back is a little high on BK causing some wrinkles.

Halter Swimsuit


Halter Swimsuit

I'm hoping that this weekend will be nice enough for BK to wear her new swimsuit to the beach!


12 comments:

  1. Very cute!
    She looks like she's getting lankier (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the swimsuit hack! Your summer seems to last forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooling off a little in the evenings but we should have warm weather through October. Thanks, Uta!

      Delete
  3. You did awesome!! She looks so adorable in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with the design, Cindy!!! It looks perfect. You guys are lucky to spend so much time at the beach. We have a 2 hour drive to get to a beach, so rarely go(;-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I'm going to tweak the design a little and make MG one then we can see what I can do for Missy T.

      Delete
    2. Oh,how exciting!
      I cam swop you for stripy knit!

      Delete
  6. Love it Oh Queen of the Swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hacking job :-) and I love the fabric. She looks like she's stretched (grown taller) over the last month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!