Sunday, October 7, 2012

KCWC: The Plan


If you haven't heard about KCWC, the details are HERE.  Basically, you commit to sew clothes for your kid(s) for an hour a day during the week.  There's also a flickr group where you can share your progress and completed clothing.  

My list (which I reserve the right to change at any time!heh) is as follows:

  • Sketchbook pants for P with a zip fly.  I'm planning to take pictures of the process and share on my blog.
  • Cargo skinny jeans for K
  • PJ pants for P
  • Tops for K

K asked for the cargo skinny jeans but the more I think about it, I might put those off to another time.  She has a few pairs of jeans that fit already. She does need some new knit tops.  And K really needs some clothes to wear to church for fall and winter.  I'm thinking skirts and tops to mix and match but I'm finding that the older she gets, the more I need to thoroughly consult with her before I start sewing.  

That's my plan!  Now, what are you planning on sewing?;)



12 comments:

  1. I'm planning on using all Japanese patterns this time. I have been tracing patterns madly.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's neat! I've always admired the Japanese pattern books...can't wait to see what you sew.:)

      C

      Delete
  2. Do Halloween costumes count? I've got an Alice, a White Rabbit and a Queen of Hearts to make this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I love when a family (or a group of friends) all dress up in the same theme.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Wow that's quite a plan Cindy!
    I am planning to make a Croquet Dress and start a FairyTale dress if I get that done - which I should. That's it - I finished the first dress today from Ottobre so it's one down two to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted this, Cindy. I'd forgotten all about KCWC. I'm aiming to make some bibs and pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm being ambitious - have more on my list than can be achieved in the one hour a day spirit of the challenge - I never know if this should be allowed! We'll see what I do....
    (btw - apologies for the delted comment - I was signed in as Rosie, and didn't realise!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I have to admit, I don't think I've ever stopped at just one hour of sewing a day during KCWC. Once you get in the groove, it's hard to stop!

      C

      Delete
    2. I'm "cheating" the one hour rule too. Especially if you count the pattern prep and cutting I did last week.... Although I've been working trying to get more basics done, which allows batch cutting/sewing = way more done! -Rachel

      Delete
    3. I'm thinking of doing a little basic long sleeve shirts sewing to make up for how long the pants took me. Batch cutting and sewing is the way to go!

      Delete
  6. great plan! I can't wait to see all of your cute clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of pants/jeans in your plan - I can't wait to see them. I am doing non-KCWC sewing, trying to sew a few bits for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!