Monday, November 19, 2012

Heart Patch

BK managed to get a hole in her newest top.  I swear it looked like she got hungry and took a bite out of the sleeve!?!
 
Normally, I stitch the edges together from the reverse side but I decided to have a little fun this time.:)
 
 


I didn't take pictures of the process but in a nut shell this is what I did:

  • Applied Wonder Under to a scrap of matching blue fabric
  • Cut out 2 identical hearts
  • Fused the hearts to the shirt...one on the right side and one on the reverse
  • Hand stitched through both layers of hearts

A quick and sturdy fix that's cute and should hold up until the top is outgrown (or hopelessly stained!).








10 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a cute fix. And the photo of your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Pinning this one for sure! (Though I don't have kids yet, I tend to wear holes in my clothes like there's no tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She wasn't thrilled at having pictures done and having to change shirts to get an "action" shot.lol

      C

      Delete
  2. That's really sweet, good fix! It's always the new top isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, this couldn't have been better timing as I just bought my daughter a long sleeve white t-shirt last week at a consignment sale (no returns) & didn't notice til much later that there were 2 small holes in one sleeve... I'll have to do digging through my knit fabric stash or find an old t-shirt to cover the holes with a patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I've had that happen a time or two despite looking over consignment sale clothing carefully before purchasing.

      Cindy

      Delete
  4. Clever save, Cindy!!! The little heart looks so cute, and no-one will know it wasn't part of the original design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so stinking cute! Grace just put a big hole in the knee of her newish school pants I made her. Perhaps I will do something cute like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'm going to copy this for Molly's hilda/tilda top. I hope the fabric hasn't faded too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky that the top was fairly new so no fading to deal with. It would be kind of neat to do a contrast patch though too.;)

      C

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!