Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Behind the Sewing

My great plans to sew my butt off this week hit a snag...MG has not only strep but the flu too.

One thing I've finally accepted after these past 13 years of parenting is that just because you have a plan in place, don't count on being able to execute it.  Every morning I wake up and have a mental list that I hope to accomplish.  Notice I said hope.  In the back of my mind, I'm aware chances are those plans are going to change. 

And so goes this week. 


Molly sick
 
 
We've been enjoying extra snuggles, watched a few movies, and since she's feeling a bit better today worked on a school project.  And oh yes, the homework that I had her teacher send home with BK on Monday. 
 
Chances are that she'll be heading back to school tomorrow since she didn't wake up with a fever this morning. That will make BK happy as she's been super a little bit jealous of the extra attention her sister has been receiving. 
 

BK Weinie1
 BK was thrilled that it was her turn to wear the "weenie" shirt
 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. So, so true, Cindy. And just embrace the day for what it is. So your kid 'ruined' your plans - just change the plan and it might even be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is feeling a bit better. I am totally the same way, I have a *hope* list, though most of the time very little gets ticked off from it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count myself lucky if 1 thing is ticked off!;)

      C

      Delete
  3. Yep, motherhood is definitely a go-with-the-flow life! I hope she feels better soon. I have some sickies over here too :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear she is on the rebound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know the saying... when people make plans, God laughs.
    It's not fun being sick & she's double sick so that's double not fun & it sure isn't fun taking care of sick people :(
    hope she gets better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I resonate with a lot of this post! I'm not even a parent yet, and it seems it's a rare day if I even cross off half of the things on my to do list. Guess I just have unrealistic expectations of all I can accomplish...or I'm distractable...or both!

    Snuggles and movies and quality time together sounds like a great way to spend your time...even if it's not as you had planned.

    Hope your daughter continues to get well!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It'll only get worse when babies come along!;) I'm guilty of being easily distracted too. I set off when plans to do one thing and then another will catch my eye and I'll forget all about the original.

      I think having goals/plans is a good thing as long as you don't become a slave to it.

      Thanks, Lauren. MG is feeling much better today and should be (fingers crossed) back in school next week.:)

      Delete
  7. Oh, yes, plans and kids do not make for a good mix! Can't count the number of times I have had a special thing planned for myself, only to end up with a sick kid! & that doesn't count all my usual mundane plans going to pot too....

    Glad MG is on the mend though (& BK looks so cute in that top!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we will all be healthy for Christmas.

      C

      Delete
  8. Poor wee darling and ditto to Justine,it happened here today!
    xx
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad she's feeling better. I have developed much the same attitude to plans here :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!