Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Update #3


Knock on wood, everyone is healthy (at least for the moment!).  I'm headed to my parents' house today to finish the Playdate dress I started 2 weeks ago. 

My nephews' gifts are completed and on their way to Idaho.


Christmas gift for my nephews


I really wanted to do S's pants in blue but I couldn't find a blue denim or twill that matched the stripes in the tops.  Hopefully, the outfits are colorful enough for the boys!


"Raide" striped T-shirt


The tops are Ottobre Design "Raide" (#16 from 06/12).  I sewed a size 98 (A) and a 110 (S).  Since I know that S is about the same size as MG, I held up the pattern pieces to her to judge if they would be the right size.  I ended up adding about 2 inches to the overall length and 1 1/2" to the sleeves.  The Starfish applique is from the Oliver + S Sandbox pants pattern. 

I've also been working on teacher gifts.  I'm using the Open Wide Zipper Pouch tutorial from Anna at Noodlehead.  I'm making the small size and will put a Ziploc bag of treats (fudge and/or peppermint bark) inside.  Those need to be done by Friday!

How is your crafting/sewing coming along?  All done, giving up, or plowing ahead?





15 comments:

  1. Awesome! Wish you were my sister, sending such wonderful gifts over! ♥
    I'm doing nothing for the holidays, just looking forward to a couple days of nothing... No gifts, no fancy dinner, no need to dress up. Just being together as a family, hug each other and tell them how much I love every one of them! We can eat pizza, something they all love and recharge to see what 2013 will bring us! I wish you happy days without stress too and a lovely and especially crafty 2013!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those outfits are just the cutest. Good luck finishing the teacher gifts! Since we're leaving for my sister-in-law's place for Christmas this weekend, I probably won't be able to do much more sewing until 2013. But I'll start 2013 off with a bang when we get home. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your nephews will love them! You're getting a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very productive! The tops are very colorful & you did a great job on matching all the colors.
    I just started my daughter's Christmas dress today, it has to be done by Monday afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plowing ahead seems about the right phrase over here! very cute gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The outfits are so, so cute, Cindy! How old are the boys? Too bad you don't live by them so you can see them in use.

    I haven't given up, but I am not finished either. :-( Now my kids are home for a snow day so I can't even work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, definitely Santas elf over there! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm plowing ahead...a few things won't be finished but I've got the most important ones done.:)

      C

      Delete
  8. Your nephews should love them, Cindy. They look great!!! I'm plowing on, making steady progress. I was going to make the Open Wide Pouch, as part of my sister's and niece's presents, but didn't have the right sized zips in the right colours, so made fabric baskets and a drawstring bag instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the shirts! Do you take special orders in women's sizes? :)

    As for our holiday stuff, I'm nearly there! The glue and paint are drying now on the dollhouse I've built for our girl and her Christmas dress needs to be washed then - DONE! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That must feel really good to being almost done with all your holiday stuff.:)

      C

      Delete
  10. So cute Cindy,they boys will look super snappy.
    I am so glad to hear little Missy is feeling better.
    I still have 3 dresses to make and possibly a shirt for Hugo but we will see.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as they fit! I'm pretty sure I won't get around to P's shirt and K's dress might have to wait until after Christmas. I do want to take it easy and not be hiding away sewing when I can be enjoying spending time with my 4.:)

      C

      Delete
  11. You are doing wonders, Cindy!
    Me - I was fine until I decided to make the kids a Christmas outfit each!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!