I had this shirt done before we left for Florida but wasn't 100% happy with it. The sleeves were too floppy and just didn't look quite right.
The pattern I used is the same as the Turtle top (Ottobre Design 03/06 #17). The white is a cotton interlock and the sleeves/dolphin are a woven left over from BK's Family Reunion Dress. I used sleeves from another OD pattern but can't remember which one. If I don't blog about a project straight away, I forget the nitty gritty details. That's why I blog!
Anyways...while we are gone I thought about the dolphin top. MG really liked it so I needed to come up with some kind of solution. Otherwise, I'd cringe every time she wore it. I decided to zig zag over 1/4 inch elastic on the inside of the sleeve to gather the edge and eliminate the "flop". Worked like a charm!
It was fitting that I fixed the shirt today. MG is home sick from school and watching the movie Dolphin Tale. The coincidence was enough to get a cooperative model and a smile.:)
Linking up to: