Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

 
And the final tally is...126 sewn projects.
 
Coats/Jacket/Vests
7
 
Bags/Pouches
6
 
Dresses
8
 
Pants/Shorts/Jeans
23
 
Tops
55
 
Skirts
5
 
Pajamas
8
 
Swimsuits
6
 
Misc.
8
 
I challenged myself a bit this year with entering challenges, gift sewing, writing up tutorials, guest blogging, and pattern testing.  Speaking of pattern testing, here are two dresses that I sewed up back in August but never shared.  They are from a Go To pattern that Andrea created but has yet to release.  Hopefully, sometime soon in 2013!
 
 
K Go2Dress
 
 
The top of K's dress is a Lisette Lawn and I finally used that ruffle fabric for the skirt part.  The "straps" are a satin ribbon.


Simply Lovely Dress
 
My dress is Lisette Chambray in Tobacco on top and a cotton/lycra print poplin for the skirt.  I wore mine well into fall paired with my birthday boots and a sweater.  I love it!;)
 
I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store.  I don't have any real resolutions per se but I'm hoping to put my Christmas present (a DSLR camera) to good use! 
happy new year





20 comments:

  1. You look great in your outfit, Cindy! Great job on combining the fabrics. The colours of the top and skirt work so well together. Lucky girl getting the camera...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you should be a supermodel! (Love the skirt. Both of them.)

    And I am so impressed by how much you accomplished this year! Seriously, I need to get back on the sewing machine in 2013 so I can get better and grow up to become like you one day.

    Happy 2013!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks...you know how to make a girl feel good!

      I look at life as having seasons and it's not always a sewing season. We create what we need to and that's that. I've been very impressed with what you've accomplished over the last few months of blogging. So many wonderful crafty projects!

      It'll be exciting to see what wonders you make in 2013!

      C

      Delete
  3. What an amazing amount of finished sewing! I need to sew some more for myself and my boys this year. I hoping to make all the pajama's in 2013 too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've called you Superwoman at least once before........126!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!? Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, a lot of those were quick and easy projects. Knit tops and swimsuits take only a couple of hours for me to whip out and that was a good majority of the projects.;) Happy New Year!

      C

      Delete
  5. did you really sew 126 items!?! that's more than 2 items per week!!! and 55 tops, that's more than 1 top per week... unbelievable !
    I really don't know how you do it with 4 kids, you are supermom, that is for sure.
    what a successful year 2012 was for you, having a guest post on the O+S blog is so awesome!!!
    that blue ruffle fabric is just gorgeous.
    have fun with your DSLR camera :)
    looking forward to seeing what you sew in 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good year sewing wise!lol Thanks!

      C

      Delete
  6. *whistles* That is a big number easy projects or not! And having seen your work on the blog I'm sure it all looked great! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - That's a lot of sewing!! I love your dress - the fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy - fabulous! An accomplishment to be seriously proud of - may 2013 be just as fab :-)
    And I have been wondering about that dress ;-) - hope it gets released soon - think Rosie would love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick sew too! As soon as I hear anything regarding the release of that pattern, I'll let you know.:)

      C

      Delete
  9. Hot diggity, that is a lot of sewing! I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Cindy!
    With four children,a house to run,sport,school and all the other activities that is amazing!
    I love both those dresses!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is one heck of a lot of awesome sewing, way to rock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go! I love that dress you made yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! I love all your sewing. Your new dress is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!