Monday, January 14, 2013

Knits Everywhere!

Sewing with knit fabric is definitely my favorite!  Here are a few modeled pictures of my early January sewing...
 
 
Hopscotch in Roxy Print
Oliver + S Hopscotch Roxy Top for MG
 
 
b-2013a
"Lily" Leggings for both BK and MG to share, modeled by BK this morning:)
 
 
BK Top2013
Pattern:  Ottobre Design 04/12 #16 "Pupunen"
Fabric:  Cotton Knit from Joann Fabrics, part of their Doodles collection
Size:  110
It's the same pattern as the leopard top but that one is getting a little short so I added 2 inches to the sleeves and body length.
 
 

BK top2013-a
BK wore the top with her Clever Charlotte Jasper Jodhpurs.  These are one of her favorite pair of pants as you can tell from the fading and well worn look they have.  I had to let down the hems about a month ago as BK had a growth spurt.
 
 
mg 2013
Fabric:  Cotton/Poly knit from Joann Fabrics, left over from K's dress
Size:  5 with 2 inches added to the sleeve length and 1 inch to the body length
 
After not participating in the sewalong at home portion of Project Run & Play the last cycle, I'm going to play along this week.  If no one gets sick that is. The challenge is Stripes and Polka Dots.  Right now, I'm planning on using the Oliver + S Sailboat pattern and probably the Sunday Brunch.  The turquoise top was to test fit.  I had the size 5 Sailboat top traced off from 2011 and while it looked like that size would probably still fit, I needed to be sure before cutting into the good stuff.;)  It's actually a little loose on MG but works fine on BK.  My fingers are crossed that I find the time this week to sew up my look!
 

21 comments:

  1. The sailboat top is cute I'm excited to see what you do. Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! I didn't even give the Pupunen a second look in the magazine, but I really like yours off to check it out... I thought the dot would make a great sunday brunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good, slim fit raglan pattern. The gathering at the sleeves is done with clear elastic tape then covered with binding.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. Your kids are so cute - can't wait to see your stripes and dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been cutting patterns out today, hoping to sew tomorrow.

      Cindy

      Delete
  4. You will manage to work it out this week. If it's something you really want some other things are just left undone! ;)
    I love the Pupunen top! Can't believe you did all this in the past two weeks... My sewing machine hasn't made a stitch yet... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who needs a clean house, right?:) Knit tops are a quick sew for me...easy to accomplish in the few hours of quiet when everyone is in school.

      C

      Delete
  5. These all look great. First time I've ever heard someone say that sewing with knits is their favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed you find the time for stripes and polka dots. It's on my list, too, but not sure if I'll make it. Love the 'Doodles' fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch out! We may be contacting you with various knit questions once we try our hands at it!! Looking forward to seeing your "stripes and polka dots" in the upcoming days - it is sure to be darling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free too! I'm happy to help.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  8. I can see why knits are your favorite because you're so good at sewing with them!
    I still haven't taken my serger out of the box yet :(
    I might do the same as Frances Suzanne & ask question some day...
    Love the pose in the 2nd photo :)
    Yeah for stripes and polka dots! It should be a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, I forgot to add that I really need to get that jodhpurs pattern, you were the one who introduced me to it and yours turned out so well, you've inspired me to sew a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just ordered the jodhpurs pattern ~ they are currently having a 20% off sale, wooohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was going to email you that they were having a sale but you already know.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  11. I still have that amazing email you wrote me about working with knits. I got a little "distracted" from sewing over the holidays with all of the crafts calling my name, but I'm eager to get back on the wagon, and keep on keeping on, so I can get to the point where I'm comfortable with knits. You'll definitely be my go to gal when I'm troubleshooting! (Your projects looks beautiful...and those kids are precious!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl I don't know how you get it all done!! Your outfits and models (all 4 of them) are the sweetest around : ) Love stopping by to see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that sickness stays away! Looking forward to seeing what you make. I'm working on a knit dress from Cake Patterns, at the moment and it's helping my confidence with knits.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I've said it before, but you really are the Queen of Knits!
    Love that pic of BK ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should upload a montage of all the poses...they were hilarious!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!