Monday, February 4, 2013

Self Imposed Deadlines

Success *in regard to sewing lists*: noun 1. Items on said list are still relevant and fit (if applicable) when they are completed even if the original deadline was missed

Since my last sewing list was a success (see above definition!), I'm going to do another one for February sewing.  It'll be the last of my winter sewing as come March I plan to focus on warm weather apparel in anticipation of a vacation to warmer climes.;)

1.  Oliver + S Book Report dress for little girls
I'll probably size up to a 6 in hopes that it'll still fit next fall.

 
 
I promised BK a pair months ago...might as well make MG another pair too as the original pants are almost outgrown.
 

3.  Black Leggings for K

Short but sweet list, eh?  Kind of like the month of February.:)  There are a few more projects I'm considering but these are the ones that NEED to be done.

Are you still sewing for the season you are in? Or are you looking ahead to warmer/cooler weather depending on where you live?
 




14 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing how the book report sewing works out for you, I have that pattern & plan to sew one by fall which gives me plenty of time :)
    I am thinking of 2 sewing projects for spring, one last Sunday School dress to get her through to the end before she graduates from SS and then an Easter dress which has to be done before the end of March as Easter is earlier this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, I traced it today and am hoping to cut it out tonight.;)

      Cindy

      Delete
  2. My thoughts for sewing are definitely starting to veer towards winter sewing. We've had some very rainy, and also cool weather this weekend - funny how that just makes you switch, huh? Nothing definite yet, but shall be blogging a list shortly :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! We had a few really nice and warm days and just like that, I was ready to start on summer sewing. I'm looking forwrd to seeing your list!

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. One more winter {ie: think, snowflakes} outfit to complete for the baby....and a puppet show dress for EA that would have been perfect for Valentine's Day. We probably won't make that deadline, so thankfully it can be worn past February 14 :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, snowflakes! I can't wait to see what you all do with that.:)

      C

      Delete
  4. It's a very short list, by your usual standard ;-) and a perfect definition of success! Weather here is still cold and wet, but I'd love to start summer sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A short list means you're bound to be able to cross them all off. Way too early to think of sewing for cooler weather yet, as there's still another month of hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A teeny tiny list for Super Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Cindy! Love the cargo pants- so cozy! I so enjoy your blog and have just started my own! Would love for you to check me out and follow me if you like it!

    Sarah
    http://thegregariouslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! The little girls love those cargo sweatpants even if they are *ahem* a little short in the leg now.;)

      Cindy

      Delete
  8. That list seems plenty long to me! (Though I know it's short compared to your December list.) I love lists. They really do help my thoughts stay organized...even if the list changes or doesn't all get crossed off.

    And by the by, I'm loving the new blog design. It matches the applique you did on your son's shirt! (And waves are just so soothing to me...so of course, I'm a fan.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write lists for everything....I like the clarity that writing out my thoughts bring.:)

      re the blog design: Thanks! I need to go back and smooth out the outline of the waves a bit but it's good enough for now.;)

      C

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!