Tuesday, March 19, 2013

2 X 2

I spent this afternoon tracking down the odd and ends I need to sew the rest of the Easter clothes.  Thread being a big part of it but also zippers, buttons, lining fabric, and tulle.  BK's dress is done but I think I'll wait a bit for the big reveal. (Though if you look on instagram, I've shared a few pics of the progress.) 

But don't think I have nothing to show today...remember that list from a couple of weeks ago.  It's now officially complete!

School Days Raincoat x2

pattern:  Oliver and S School Days Coat
fabric:  Tula Pink Parisville Fans Sprout, Laminated for the outside and the lining is a Lisette poplin (you can kind of see the lining in the hood)
size:  6 with an extra inch added to the sleeve length

Luckily, it's rained several days over the last week so the rain coat(s) have gotten a lot of wear.

The double trouble doesn't stop there...

dolmanx2
 
size:  5/6
fabric:  MG's top is made from all Chez Ami fabrics, BK's too with the exception of the light green polka dot fabric.  That is from Joann Fabrics.
mods:  used Amanda's tutorial/pattern piece to make the top long sleeves, the sleeves are the 7/8 length as I'm a little obsessed with sleeves being super long;)
 
This pattern is a quick sew and a good introduction to sewing with knits.  The only problem I had was when I tried to assemble the pdf pattern sheets on my own.  A quick look at the instruction sheet and a picture of the sheets put together had the proverbial light bulb over my head lighting up.  I'm planning on sewing a couple of short sleeved Dolman tops too!
 
Dolman MG
 
 
Dolman BK
 
 
 
 
No more slacking from here on out...I have Easter clothes and swimsuits that need to be sewn!



Linking up to these Link Parties:

The Train to Crazy Make it, Wear it Thursdays

Threading My Way Children's Tops and Shirts

26 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Cindy! Love the raincoats and the tops. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when they are getting along and happy with each other!

      C

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the raincoats, and the tees are fab! I really like the shape of them.
    And great pics too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! The girls wore the rain coats again yesterday.:)

      C

      Delete
  5. Truly beautiful photos Cindy.
    Those raincoats are delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I've been getting a lot of practice with the new camera and telephoto zoom lens at MG's soccer games.;)

      C

      Delete
  6. Cute clothes, beautiful pictures, adorable children - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these! My daughter would love them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The girls were pleased that I finished the second one Monday night so that they could both wear their new tops to school on Tuesday.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  8. The raincoats are amazing, Cindy and I just adore the blue / brown combo on the Dolman top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's impressive. Everything's gorgeous, and the raincoats are especially impressive. You probably had no interest in making them identical anyway but I like that there's a different section of fabric at the center front of each. I haven't even settled on an Easter pattern yet, so I don't think that will be happening. I did just cut out six pairs of jeggings, some to be sewn now and some with longer hems to be sewn when needed. Talk about having your work cut out for you. Making lists and sticking to them is a double edged sword.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a happy accident...I was really careful when I was cutting out the first rain coat (the one on the right). When I tackled the second one I just wanted to get it done.:)

      It's nice to have a list, when you actually get around to marking completed projects off of it but when it just sits there...it's an albatross! Your list reminds me that I had promised MG another pair of jeggings. I think that'll have to wait until fall.;)

      Cindy

      Delete
  10. Love the raincoats! So adorable - glad they could get some use right away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Dolman tops turned out great! I like your fabric mixes. This pictures and outfits in this post are so bright and happy! (even with a little rain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun going through my stash and picking out fabrics that coordinated for the tops.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  12. That first photo is soooooo good. I don't know - - I think it's the combo of the incredible fabric you chose and the two girls, standing side by side looking like spots of sunshine on a dreary day. It really does look like something from a magazine.

    Great job with these creations, Cindy! Can't wait to see those Easter outfits and (gasp) swimsuits! Is there anything you DON'T do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Lauren! Thanks.:)

      And yes, there's plenty I don't do (or at least don't do well or with a joyful heart). Cleaning and Cooking come to mind!lol

      Cindy

      Delete
  13. Yes, you have to get back to sewing those Easter clothes and me, too ~ it is taking me forever to get just one Easter dress done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly working on them! My pattern for K had the wrong sizes inside of the envelope so I'm waiting on a replacement.;)

      C

      Delete
  14. I just love these two, they look like the best of friends. Beautiful photos and beautiful sewing, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of friends and worst enemies! Like many siblings.:)

      Delete
  15. Those raincoats are absolutely gorgeous. The fabrioc is beautiful and looks amazing in a raincoat. I might have to go check out if I can get some of that fabric as my daughter would adore it. The tops are very cool too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!