I have something to show finally after all my talk about Easter sewing. It's not everything though...I still have a few projects to wrap up today.
pattern: Lisette Continental Dress, Simplicity 2059
size: 12 at the bust graded out to a 14 through the hips, I need to go back and take in the lining a bit as it's a stiffer fabric than the voile and stands out a bit where I graded to the 14
fabric: Anna Maria Horner Loulouthi Voile, Clippings in Sherry from Pink Chalk Fabrics and a baby blue cotton blend for the lining (the neckline binding is a quilting cotton that I got from my mom--it was leftover fabric from the backing to a quilt she made for P)
pattern: Oliver + S Sketchbook Shirt
fabric: Tula Pink Octo Garden in Aqua from Quilt Home
mods: added 6 inches of length to the body and put a cuff on the short sleeves because P wanted some extra length there
I really pushed the limits for me (and P) choosing this fabric but I LOVE how the shirt turned out. I was inspired by some shirts that Millie and Nicole had sewn.:)
And then we have BK's dress...
pattern: Sugar City Village Frock, sadly it's an out of print pattern
size: 6, the largest size
fabric: blue linen/rayon blend leftover from K's 5th grade graduation dress
mods: I think I added a little length but honestly, at this point I can't remember. I did use bias tape to do a hem facing as the dress was a little short on BK.
Whew! I did finish K's dress this morning but don't have pictures of it just yet. I also made a pair of shorts for her last night. This afternoon the focus will be on completing MG's dress and then if there is still time, starting a couple of swimsuits.