Monday, March 4, 2013

This Week...


I'm still going through patterns and fabric, trying to come up with a comprehensive sewing list for March.
 
  It's going to be a long one!
 
But I do have some projects that need to be completed this week so I'm doing a mini-list to get me started....
 


 
#1:  Finish the other School Days Rain Coat that's been cut out for months.  I'm hoping to get the rain coat done by Wednesday morning as it looks like Wednesday and Thursday are going to be rainy.
 

 
#2:  Finish this long sleeve Sketchbook Shirt for P to wear on Tuesday.  He has 3 more wrestling matches so it would be nice for him to have 3 button down shirts in rotation. 
 

 
 
#3 & 4:  2 long sleeve Dolman tops.  When Amanda shared pictures of this top, I knew I had to make a couple for my little girls.  And seeing as a few of their long sleeve tops were declared unwearable recently (large holes and stubborn stains), I went ahead and purchased the pdf pattern.  Amanda put the "long sleeve pattern hack up" yesterday.  I still need to pick fabric for the long sleeves and the neckline binding.
 
After these 4 projects are done, it'll be time to jump into the big list of Easter dresses, swimsuits, shorts, short sleeved button down shirts, and t-shirts.  I'm getting tired just thinking about it!
 
What are your March sewing plans?  Will you be sewing Easter finery?
 
 



20 comments:

  1. Yay, look forward to seeing everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so want to skip to the Dolman tops but I'm making myself finish the rain coat first.;)

      C

      Delete
  2. I am excited to everything too! I do love you button down shirts the most. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. you go girl ~ sewist extraordinaire !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working it (or at least trying!).:)

      Delete
  4. Good luck! I have several dolman sleeve tutorials if you are interested. I's love to see that trench coat when it's finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! The shirt is done but the rain coat is only just started. P ended up at the nurse's office yesterday and came home sick so I didn't get much sewing done. Perhaps today!

      C

      Delete
  5. Great list!

    I have no list yet. Not sure if I will be sewing up any new dresses. I have to take a look and see what fits from last year.

    I really want to get my bedroom redo finished this month. But now the weather is good, so I just want to be outside...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My list is going to be much shorter than yours, Cindy. I'm still trying to get rid of the jungle of weeds in the garden after all the rain we've had. However, you've made my list longer... I've just purchased the Dolman top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy,
    I had a giggle when you said you needed to finish a raincoat because the weather forecast said rain was on the way!!
    March for me - working on my handstitched modern medallion quilt (this project slowed a little when Will attacked it with a pair of scissors - lucky I love that child!!) Also starting to think about winter sewing in this part of the world - so some corduroy o+s icecream dresses for the girls and maybe even a muslin for the colette Anise for me. I would add some corduroy patterns for Will to the list - but I may just have to give myself some time to get over the cutting incident before he goes back on my sewing list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're amazing!! The mini list alone would take me a couple of weeks to complete. I'm looking forward to seeing all the makes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very fortunate that I have a good block of time each day to sew. However, I do tend to not use that time wisely!lol We'll see if I actually get around to finishing everything in a timely fashion.;)

      Cindy

      Delete
  9. My Mom sewed us Easter dresses with Laura Ashley fabric one year. We had lace bibs, big hats, big curls...and the works. (After all, it was the eighties.) Can't wait to see the projects in this post as well as the Easter outfits to come! I know they'll be fabulous as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe...you don't happen to have a picture of that do you, Lauren?;) I'm still dithering on patterns/fabrics for the little girls. K's will be the Roller Skate dress pattern from Oliver + S and I just ordered some voile for it.:)

      Cindy

      Delete
  10. I love the shirts you have been making,I really miss that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had purchased it sooner...I think this year will be the last one that the 12 fits P.

      C

      Delete
  11. Eek! I love the puppy print!

    And yes. I will be sewing Eater finery this year. White eyelet and lavender trim. Petal sleeves. And an ancient pattern that was cut to 2 sizes smaller than I need it to be.

    ... maybe I should go work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That print is one of my faves!

      White eyelet and lavender trim sounds divine, Laura! I can't wait to see the finished dress.:)

      C

      Delete
  12. Oh that sounds like a big list brewing! I'm excited to see all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is...but due to sick kids and a plethora of upcoming activities I think it's going to have to be scaled back.:) We'll see...

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!