Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Lady Skater Dress


The Lady Skater Dress

The Lady Skater Dress is officially here!  Go Getcha Some!
 
The Lady Skater Dress

 My second version, sewn using the official pattern, ended up with 2 different fabrics as my eyeballin' yardage skills seriously suck.  The top fabric is a performance knit.  In other words, something you'd use for athletic clothing.  The skirt fabric is a cotton/poly blend.
 
 
The Lady Skater Dress
 
I sewed up a size 4 with the largest size length again.  For my tester dresses, I used my sewing machine but for this bad boy it was all about the serger.  (my mom's serger)  It took me less than an hour!  Good thing too as I wanted to wear it to MG's 2nd grade Awards Ceremony this morning and I spent most of my sewing time at my parents' house altering an old dress of mine for K to wear.  Hat's off to those of you who do alterations on a regular basis...it's hard!
 
The Lady Skater Dress
 
 
I had to giggle when I was going through the pictures K took of me.  Looks like my go to facial expression is either eyes closed or mouth hanging open!;) 
 
 


 
Linking up to these fabulous {Link Parties}

26 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable as are you! Love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Cindy. You look fabulous!!! You've made a very flattering dress by using the athletic fabric for the top and the poly/cotton for the skirt. The poly/cotton hangs well and should continue to do so as it washes, but the athletic fabric (if it's what I'm thinking of) should keep it's elasticity and retain the close fitting shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress really does look comfortable, but still looks nice- that's a win/win. I agree with the altering, I think it is an impressive skill set that isn't totally recognized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so ready to throw in the towel on the alterations...but K really, really wanted that dress so I pushed through. I would have gladly paid someone else to do it. Too bad I waited until the last minute!

      C

      Delete
  4. Supercute! Love your poses too :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing this pattern and like what I see. Your version is perfect on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the two-tone effect! And I'm with trinh, your poses are adorable. At least three quarters of Maia's pictures have an open mouth too, as she's always asking 'how mannnnny moooooore, mum?'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Cindy, you look amazing and the dress colours are great!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nicole! I love these dresses!

      C

      Delete
  8. Looks fantastic!
    (I hate alterations too)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulous, Cindy, and the dress is great (again!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You are such a beautiful and young mom! (Gorgeous hair, too!) The dress looks wonderful on you. I love the full skirt. I stay away from clingy knits nowadays because my figure keeps moving south on my body and every roll (yuck) is outlined and displayed. I hate alterations, too! I try to get out of doing them as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! The dress fits great on you (you look so young ...)
    I'm not a huge fan of alterations (or amendments) on clothes - much easier to make new ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana Sofia! I would much rather make something from scratch than alter it too.;)

      C

      Delete
  12. I'm just going to join the chorus and say, you look fabulous!! Beautiful dress!
    -Jenny Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny Jo! It's a great pattern.:)

      Delete
  13. You look gorgeous Cindy! Joining in on the "I love your hair" bandwagon:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh you are so cute Cindy! You look just like your little girl.fun dress too! I made the little version for Gigi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that dress! You look great in it!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great dress! And look at you, just gorgeous! You look young enough to still be in school, not to mind have 4 children too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The leg on the fence picture takes the cake! I love seeing how much fun you have in your photo shoots. No wonder your daughters are the same way in theirs! (Oh, and as I already professed in your more recent skater dress post, I'm a huge fan of this dress! So easy, breezy looking. And a great cut for most gals, I do believe.)

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!