Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tumble Tee Time

Tumble Tee

pattern:  Tumble Tee from Imagine Gnats
size:  6
fabric:  Owl knit from Joann Fabrics a couple of years ago and City Weekend interlock (love that stuff!)  Both pieces of fabric were leftover from other sewing projects.
 
 

Tumble Tee


Tumble Tee


Tumble Tee


Tumble Tee
 
It's a quick sew and great for using up scraps of knit.  BK wore her new top to school today and while I was helping out at the end-of-school party (one more day left!) several of her classmates complimented her top.  It's a winner!

And as for those alterations I was talking about yesterday...

 
Never Again!
 
*unless K asks me to;)
 
 
 
 



Linking up to these fabulous {Link Parties}


20 comments:

  1. Love the owl top. The two fabrics are a great match and BK looks adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compliments from small people cannot be overestimated, especially when they're for a mom-stitched garment and not Hello Kitty (or whatever they're wearing these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice simple pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be altering clothes for them when they've long since left home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look good! I like the cap sleeve on this tee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re- the alterations, yes you will!
    Lovely Mum.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know...:) But I don't have to like it!

      C

      Delete
  7. Love the tumble tee! And the OWLS. So cool!

    And yep. Alterations are how I support my sewing habit. Sometimes, I wonder what i have gotten myself in to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in awe of you! It's not an easy process altering clothes.:)

      Thanks!

      C

      Delete
  8. Cute, cute! Great job on the alterations too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! If I was a little girl I would want one too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you! There is a free pattern out there for a similar style tee for ladies...the Kristen Tee. It would be easy to color block....

      C

      Delete
  10. That owl fabric is T.D.F! Reminds me that I have some owl fabric that I've had since the fall that I bought for a market bag pattern that has yet to be sewn. Oops!

    Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!