Thursday, September 12, 2013

First Day of School Outfit

Well, that was the plan but I didn't finish the shorts until the end of last week (belt today).  And the top wasn't completed until yesterday. 

Back to School has been stressful.  The kids are fine and enjoying everything but mom isn't handling it so well.  I'm so darn tired that even though I have plenty of time to sew, I don't feel like doing it. *gasp!*  Truth be told, it's the after school sport practices that are doing me in.  Hopefully, by the end of this week we I will adjust to the new routine and start getting my sew-jo back.*fingers crossed*

That's enough griping, let's see the clothes!


O+S Roller Skate Tunic

size:  7
fabric: Grand Hotel Sunset Rooftop Garden by Jenean Morrison from Fat Quarter Shop (they no longer have this colorway in stock)
 
Did you see that I had to sew the Roller Skate Tunic in a size 7? I'm in shock. But that is what size corresponds with my baby's chest measurement. I'm still in disbelief as I like to think of her as much smaller. But I guess when you're taller and outweigh your older sister, it makes sense that you wear a bigger size too. These kids are growing up!
 
 
OD Hula Hoop Shorts

pattern:  Ottobre Design 03/12 #26 "Hula-Hoop Shorts"
size:  122
fabric:  Lisette Twill
mods:  added a tie belt

I know you're thinking you've seen these shorts before.  But no, they are a new pair.  The other shorts in a size 110 were really too small on BK.  Especially after they were washed!  They became a hand-me-up to MG. 

Hopefully, BK will wear the outfit sometime in the next few days so I can get pictures.;)

Here she is in her new outfit...


Roller Skate Tunic and Hula Hoop Shorts



How are you adjusting to back to school?


Linking up to:  Oh Yes, I Sew

21 comments:

  1. both the tunic and shorts are adorable! I love how they go together. I have a 7 yr old that weighs the same as the 11 yr old and is almost as tall! Strange how children are. :D
    I love the bubble shorts and wish they went up to a 146 or 152!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a sensational first day of school outfit!! Did she like wearing it? I hope she did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see...it didn't get finished in time for the first day, sadly. But she plans on wearing it to school tomorrow!:)

      C

      Delete
  3. I'm dead on my feet after two weeks of school :-) ! I was thinking the same thing today, I have to adjust soon, it's not pretty. Very cute clothes, I keep my fingers crossed you sew-jo returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I expected the kids to be tired/run down but not myself. Here's hoping it improves for both you and me, Uta!:)

      C

      Delete
  4. I love how the belt matches the shirt! So cute. This is whole back to school thing (and no kids at home anymore) is so weird. I was at the libary today WITH NO KIDS and I stopped at the cafe inside the library WITH NO KIDS. I felt naked. It was weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I read your blog after I commented on flickr. :) Back to school kicked our butts too! We started 4 weeks ago, and I am just now thinking about sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit. Love those shorts. I find it always takes time to get back into the swing of the school routine and just when you do it's time for the next break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peta!

      Isn't that the truth? Luckily (or perhaps it unlucky?) we don't have any breaks until November. I'm hoping that I settle in this week!

      C

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute outfit, Cindy - looking forward to some modeled pics.
    I always hate the readjustment of a new school year - we're at the end of term 3, and still don't feel on top of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that fabric! Both pieces are beautiful!
    I am getting to grips with different pick up and drop off times but poor little L (who has been sleeping for as long as she felt like it in the holidays) now has to get woken up at 3:15pm everyday to go and pick up her sister. She does not wake up well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! I picked it as I thought the colors would work well for fall as well as spring.;)

      That's always the hardest...when you have a little one who naps and you have to disrupt that nap for pick up and drop offs. Poor L!

      C

      Delete
  9. Lovely outfit. I thought once they went to school I'd be able to swan about and do things for me again. Please don't tell me that's not how it works...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit so so much! Back to school is easy for me. I just have one in pre-school. But if I ever lose my sewing motivation I am just going to look at your blog. Your posts always make me want to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These first 2 weeks of school have flown by!
    I have never sewn a RS as a tunic and never tried Ottobre patterns, those Hula Hoop shorts are sure cute :)
    Do you have any plans (list) for the Fall Kids Clothes Week? I wonder when it's going to be... maybe that will give you your sew-jo back?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had meant to sew the tunic for what feels like forever...I'm happy with how it looks and see more of these in my future! I love Ottobre Design. OD and O+S are my 2 most favoritest patterns to sew.:)

      I haven't managed to participate in any of the Kids Clothes Week yet this year. Maybe Fall will be the time to do jump in and participate!

      Thanks, Rachel!

      Delete
  12. The outfit is wonderful and perfect for the hot weather at this time of year in the south. I think that the Roller Skate Dress pattern looks wonderful as a tunic! The last four weeks have taken it out of me, as well. The children in my class are settling in nicely and I am enjoying them. However....they have given me my first yucky head cold! Germs and how you get them are on my lesson plans under Health! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. :) Your post today was very timely.

      C

      Delete
  14. Love both the whole outfit and how you've tied them together with the belt. After school activities can be very time consuming, but I always found that I was OK once I had in my head what was on each day, the times involved and how I could tie it all together. If you don't feel like sewing for a while, have a break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tunic is adorable! It'll be a cute staple in different fabrics (next summer....). I like the 2nd pair of shorts as much as the first, hehe!

    I've been dead on my feet, too. I guess it's somehow encouraging to know that's "normal". Our bodies must adjust to the new schedule...just in time for the holiday season, hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!