Sunday, September 22, 2013

Selfish Sewing Plans

In an attempt to hold myself accountable, I'm posting my to-do list for Selfish Sewing Week.  I've had a million and one projects buzzing around inside my head that I want to accomplish.  It was hard to narrow it down to a few pieces of clothing that I need but I think I accomplished it!
 
003
Ottobre Design Woman 05/2009 and double sided fleece in aqua and navy from Dots-n-Stripes

I've been meaning to sew this jacket for years.  I think it'll be the perfect transitional jacket as we get into Autumn for those chilly mornings at the bus stop and cool evenings at football practice.


004

Ottobre Design Woman 5/2011 and a rayon/poly knit from Jo-ann Fabrics
 
I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a little with this one.  Not the pattern, that's just my style, but the fabric.  It's glittery!  I didn't realize that until I got it home and prewashed the fabric.  The knit is so soft and has a good weight to it so I'm going to take a chance, even if glitter/sparkles are not really my thing. 
 
And last but not least, I'll be sewing up a pair of Grainline Studio Maritime Shorts for myself.  I'm using the blue twill that I used for K's first pair.  The shorts are all cut out and ready to be sewn!
 
Are you participating in Selfish Sewing Week?  And if you are, what's on your list?
 
 

22 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your sewing! I have been saying I am going to sew some for myself, maybe this next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not but I wish I was. I am making a list of the things I want to sew for myself this season though. As soon as I knock out a few more garments for the girls it's on to sewing for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No selfish sewing for me. Unless you count hemming a pair of pants... Hope it all turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are going to be two great items. Your fabric choices are amazing. Cannot wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! I'm working in the knit top today. It's my last item to check off my list.;)

      C

      Delete
  5. They will be fabulous, Cindy! Can;t wait to see...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see how they come out. I love that you are outfitting yourself for the bus stop and football games. I am not doing selfish sewing but hope to maybe start sewing so for myself next spring or summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't wait to see either! The jacket looks perfect.
    I always find blogging my lists helpful, even if I end up deviating :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great Cindy, I'll be checking back in to see you showing it all off at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great jacket- looking forward to seeing it! I would like to sew something for me- though I'm on the fence about what. Everything on my list will need a muslin, and that always makes me procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty happy with how the jacket turned out. It did it's job keeping me warm at the bus stop this morning!

      Sewing for yourself is definitely more time (and fabric!) consuming than sewing for kids. But it's nice to end up with a "custom" article of clothing.:)

      C

      Delete
  10. I won't be taking part in Selfish Sewing week, but I sure do look forward to seeing you model your new creations :)
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No sewing here but your list looks fab-good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to set aside a week and sew only for myself, Nicole.:)

      C

      Delete
  12. Good luck getting it all done, Cindy. Love the aqua colour!!! Look forward to seeing everything finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've wanted to sew up both these things, too, so I'm looking forward to seeing your versions! I like the t-shirt fabric - the glitter is pretty subdued.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your selfish sewing plan, really great pattern and fabric choices. No selfish sewing here though, I seem to be off in the dreamy sewing land of girls dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both makes sounds great! I generally always sew selfishly, so participating wouldn't be out of the ordinary for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! I made all 3...now I just need to get around to blogging about them.;) I have a feeling as my kids get older, most of my sewing will become"selfish sewing".

      Delete
  16. I am looking forward to seeing your outfit! No selfish sewing here lately. My sewing time has been greatly reduced and I have accomplished only a fraction of what I had planned for September.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!