Saturday, October 26, 2013

Done

MIP Big Uptown Girl
 
My sewing plans for Friday afternoon were interrupted by a very special surprise.  My husband took the day off from work so we could celebrate my birthday.:)  That meant I missed a day of sewing but hey, that's one trade off I'll happily take.  I finished up the last started project this afternoon, so I'm calling my participation in KCW done.  (I'll get to the Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt next week)
 
MIP Big Uptown Girl
 
size:  7
fabric:  Little Lisette Corduroy Print (from the Fall 2011 collection) and Riley Blake Just Dreamy cotton for the lining
mods:  Instead of using iron-on Pellon (h630), I used Thinsulate as an interlining
 

MIP Big Uptown Girl
 
I kind of wish I'd used a thinner material for the interlining as the jacket is a bit puffy.  But MG likes it and the jacket will definitely keep her warm.  Perhaps for Spring Kid's Clothes Week, I'll make another one and skip the interlining.
 
The jacket is a cute alternative to our usual zip front hoodies.  And with the one button closure, it's an easy on/off for an impromptu play date outside.
 
MIP Big Uptown Girl
Have a Great Weekend!



21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And what a cute jacket! I love that big button closure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Jacket is a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely surprise, Cindy. Happy Birthday!!! The jacket looks great. I have the Uptown Jacket pattern... I really must remember I have it next Autumn and sew it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful jacket! How did you find the hood?

    And a happy birthday to you! Very nice to spend the day with your husband. ages your kids are at it probably doesn't happen too often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should have read 'The ages...' My iPad can be miserable about corrections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I love the jacket, the fabric is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Uta! The jacket is proving to be a favorite of MG's.:)

      C

      Delete
  7. Hope you had great birthday, how lovely to be able to spend the day off together.
    I love this jacket, it is girly and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Katy!

      C

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday! I'd say you had a very successful KCW, I've never heard of MIP patterns before, thanks for introducing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute!! !I love the fabric... wow, I've never made a coat... add to the list I guess :o)OH I sent you an invite to the pinterest group board... look for it in your account :o) Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! Coats aren't that hard to make...especially one like this.;)

      C

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday!

    The jacket is adorable! I like your use of the corduroy since it gives me an idea of what to do with the printed corduroy I've accumulated that's going to be "too kiddie" soon. I had envisioned jumpers (pinafores) but I know jackets would go over better (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday my sweet friend!
    Gorgeous jacket on a sweet girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole!

      That jacket has been worn every single day since I finished it...score!

      C

      Delete
  12. Great jacket. happy birthday and good for you not sending the hubby back to work so you could keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Cindy!
    The jacket is awesome - love the colors and the fit on MG! (and yes, looks really comfy. Perfect for fall)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this jacket! I love the polka dot lining that shows too. And it sounds like you had a great birthday;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had a coat just like that when I was little, now I'm inspired to attempt a spring one for my daughter. I think mine had three buttons. My daughter saw yours on pinterest. I should hunt through my ottos and see if there's something before I pick up another pattern. :) she liked the lisette fabric you used, which surprised me. She's kind of picky lately.... Def. my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!