Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kid's Clothes Week: Fall Edition


I've been quietly sewing along this week with Kid's Clothes Week.  I think most of you know what KCW is but if you don't, read all about it here

So far, I have only finished P's shirt and a dress for BK.  I have a MIP Big Uptown Girl jacket cut out and a Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt traced off.  Hopefully, I'll finish the jacket by the end of the week.

As for the dress...

Panelled Pinafore
 
pattern:  soon to be released Kitschy Coo Half Penny
size:  7/8, with a 7 in sleeve body length
fabric:  main is Modern Workshop Interlock and the side panels is a brown cotton/lycra
 
Panelled Pinafore
 
 
Panelled Pinafore

The princess seams and side panels are just begging to be used for some crazy color blocking. I kept it fairly simple but Amanda has already shown some clever ideas on her blog:  framed, 2 prints, and colorblocked.
 
Panelled Pinafore
 
 
Panelled Pinafore
 
I love the silhouette of the dress and how it gives BK plenty of room to be herself but still covers her while she plays. 
 
The orange Modern Workshop fabric has been earmarked for fall sewing for 2 years but somehow, I always forget about it until spring.  I'm glad that I pulled the fabric out as I think this is the perfect fall dress for BK.

 
Panelled Pinafore
 
Now, back to that jacket...

 

19 comments:

  1. I love that pattern! Thanks for the heads up! I love that picture where ahes giving you the face. That's the face I get from mine after about 5 shots. "Are you done mom?" ! Your dress is perfect; cute, cozy, great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BK doesn't seem overly impressed at having to do the photo shoot. This is the perfect fabric for Autumn and looks great teamed with brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress - I know how soft that knit is!!
    The colors are indeed perfect for fall and I do love the fit on her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana Sofia! Yes, that knit is super soft...right up there with the organic cotton knit that I used for P's shirt.;)

      C

      Delete
  4. Not sure what you were saying to get those looks, but they are sure funny! Cute dress - it looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. :) Hopefully, it'll get a lot of wear!

      Delete
  6. Just look at you little model! Gorgeous girl and LOVE, LOVE her dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, perfect for autumn. Love BK too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peta! It's perfect for BK to stomp around in.;)

      C

      Delete
  8. I'd like that exact dress in my size please! Great colours, you're right about the lovely silhouette and she's some model!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect Autumn colours - love the look of this dress
    And gotta love those faces ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh BK! She cracks me up! The dress (and the pattern in general) is just great. I will have to remember that one.
    I also want to make a big Uptown Girl Jacket but have absolutely no reason to do so. I have just made her a new coat!
    Would I be forgiven for making one anyway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a big personality, which I love (most of the time).:) Thank you, Katy! Why not go ahead and make another Uptown Jacket? After all, you need a spare when her other coat needs a cleaning.;)

      C

      Delete
  11. Love the dress! And at least you got one smile out of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those colors, and the boots!!! Really beautiful! I'm a new follower on Pinterest.... I have a group board Sewing for Kids... its been growing fast, I'd love for you to join!! Follow me at ntcreations or just follow the board and I can invite you to join the group... we'de love to have you pinning your greatness :o)pop me an e-mail at nap-timecreations@hotmail.com Emily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great for the Fall.It's a really nice length everything seems so short these days, kids play people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will make a great addition to her wardrobe. I need to make one for MG too...she keeps wanting to wear this dress but it's a little loose on her.

      C

      Delete
  14. Darling dress in great fall colors. I can see this pattern has lots of potential.
    I have to laugh at her expressions. It reminds of my G's customary scowl (although she smiles nicely for blog photos, for some reason.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!