Thursday, October 17, 2013

Meridian Jacket

Once again, I had the opportunity to test a pattern for Rachael over at Imagine Gnats.  This time it was a jacket/cardigan for kids.


Meridian Jacket

The pattern is called the Meridian and it's a reversible cardigan or jacket.  It can be made out of a knit or woven and has an optional peter pan collar.


2 Meridian3

I used a distressed twill for the main fabric and an AMH voile for the lining.  I originally had sewn up a size 14 but K was swimming in the jacket so I cut down the jacket to a size 11 but left the body and sleeve lengths at a 14.

Meridian Jacket Testing
(this was before I sized the jacket down)

The jacket/cardi comes in sizes 5-14.  Let's here it for extended sizing!  I know I'm not the only one with an older girl.  It's nice to see independent designers creating patterns that will fit them.
 
2 Meridian1

The jacket is a great layering piece for fall (or spring for those in the southern hemisphere).  And Rachael is also releasing an adult version soon!
 
2 Meridian5
 
 
*Disclaimer:  I received a copy of the pattern for free for testing but all opinions as always are mine.





linking up to: 

Catch a Glimpse Button

125 Threading My Way  

18 comments:

  1. I love it! Especially the asymmetry of it, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great jacket! And I'm with you on the extended sizing. Not that I sew that much for my older girls. A jacket would be something I'd do though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I like the button, so nice that it goes all the way up to size 14. I need to sew more jackets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! It's a versatile layering piece and pretty much goes with all of K's clothes.:)

      C

      Delete
  4. Looks great in the twill - it has a nice shape, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so great on her! Perfect pattern for a young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect fabrics Cindy. Love that little horse button! Gorgeous jacket and that last photo is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We LOVE this pattern over at our house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't get any higher compliment than that! Thanks, Nicole.:)

      C

      Delete
  8. The relaxed fit of the jacket goes so well with the skinny jeans and I do like the fact that it's not symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just gorgeous (so is your daughter). I want one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fabrics you have used. Looks perfect on K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katy! I wish I had more of that distressed twill.;)

      Delete
  11. K is so lucky that you sew for her! The jacket is such a unique and fun shape and it looks wonderful on her. That is a pattern for me to remember. Cindy, I have another box of sewing patterns for ages and sizes and from lots of decades (adults and children). Are you interested? I'd be happy to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabric you chose. The jacket looks comfortable and easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I think it's a fun shape, especially paired with skinny jeans.;)

      C

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness...this is absolutely stunning! I love the lining on the inside - - and the cut of the jacket is just so modern and fun. Another home-run, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous jacket! I like the unique style and the fabrics you chose. I agree - it's nice to see some patterns for older-not-quite-women girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!