Sunday, November 3, 2013

Baby Gifts


Being married to a man who is 12 years older than me AND the youngest kid in his family means that I have several nieces and nephews who are married and starting families of their own. 

We're lucky enough to have one of those growing families close by.  The girls and I weren't able to attend the baby shower for N and her "lil fart" who is due in December because of a previous engagement.  But we made sure to drop a gift off beforehand!

baby gift collage


I made 2 pairs of baby pants in size 0-3 using the pattern/tutorial from The Purl Bee.  N and her husband A haven't found out lil' fart's gender yet so I stuck with relatively neutral colors.  The nursery (and baby shower) have an Under the Sea theme so I couldn't resist using a scrap of Tula Pink's Octo Garden fabric for the gusset on the gray pair. 

I also stuck in a burp cloth and a book, The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton which was a favorite of my kids (especially P). 

The gifts were tucked into a large Gift-n-Store box that I made using a pattern from Elizabeth Wyatt Patterns.  I love the box as you can use it for gift giving and for storage.  So, it's not only pretty but practical too.  The printable gift tag included with the pattern has instructions for how to fold the petals down on the reverse side.

 
Gift-n-Store, small Gift-n-Store, small


I gave K the small one I made and she has been using it to hold her makeup.  Want to guess what I'll be using to package teacher gifts this Christmas?

If you're interested in making a Gift-n-Store of your very own, the PDF pattern is available here.:)





 
Threading My Way

23 comments:

  1. Such lovely gifts! I'm sure mom was thrilled when she opened the artful gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! These gift boxes are great. My niece hates the sound of wrapping paper and this would be perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice gifts! Love that box especially. I'm married to a youngest too, but I'm not 12 years younger! Wow! I have nieces and a nephew older than my own siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gift-n-Store box is a very clever design and a fabulous way to wrap presents. Cute little baby pants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely gifts. The positioning of that octopus is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun gift. I really like that Gift-n-Store -- a truly unique and useful idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! Sandi of Elizabeth Wyatt patterns did a great job designing the pattern.:)

      C

      Delete
  7. What a lucky little baby! Those gifts arfe so sweet. We love that book. And the basket is great too. I love your previous posts too but have had limited internet time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I love your name for the baby!! What perfect baby shower gifts and the gift bag is is a very cute and creative design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute gift, the octopus fabric is perfect. Love that box-what a clever pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that print from Tula Pink and it's perfect for another beach lovin' family.;)

      C

      Delete
  10. I didn't realize the gift bag turns into a storage box, that is very clever ~ have fun sewing them up for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is clever, isn't it? The boxes are handy sizes too.:)

      C

      Delete
  11. They turned out great, Cindy. What a fantastic baby shower gift. I've JUST released the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You did a fabulous job designing the pattern. It's clever, pretty, and useful!!

      C

      Delete
  12. Me encantan los regalos y la canasta muy linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those gift boxes are so pretty! As are the little pants, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MG came in while I was working on the baby pants and asked if they were doll clothes!lol It's fun sewing itty bitty clothes for new babies.:) Thanks, Uta!

      C

      Delete
  14. Such a cute and practical gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what baby shower gifts should be!;) Thanks, Brittney.

      C

      Delete
  15. So pretty gift boxes. Nice idea to gift babies.
    Baby Gift Box

    ReplyDelete
  16. What adorable gifts! I'm sure the baby pants were fun to make (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!