Friday, November 8, 2013

My Little Chickadee

CC Chickadee skirt

I know it's a little late, but here's my last project from KCW.  I traced it out that week but didn't get around to sewing it until recently.
 
MG loves wearing this smocked blouse that I finished in the spring.  In fact, it's what she wore for her school photos.  She's been wanting to wear it to church but didn't have any skirts to wear with the blouse.  I thought a denim skirt would be nice.
 
Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt
 
pattern:  Clever Charlotte Chickadee
fabric:  denim for the outer and a mustard and white floral quilting cotton for the lining.
size:  6
mods:  none really, though I ended up cutting my front panels the opposite of the pattern by accident

CC Chickadee skirt
 
The skirt is really quick to sew, only 3 pattern pieces (cut out twice, main fabric + lining) and 3 pieces of interfacing to shore up the waist.  The skirt has buttonhole elastic in the back to ensure a good fit.
 
Of course, I did have another motive for sewing this pattern up.  I'm going to "Flip This Pattern" in January as part of the Frances Suzanne series.  I wanted to sew it up at least once per the pattern before making any changes.  I still need to trace off and sew the Chickadee blouse too.
 
I finished the skirt yesterday and MG promptly begged asked if she could wear it to school on Friday.  Of course, my dear!
 
Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt
 
 

27 comments:

  1. This is a really lovely outfit Cindy - the skirt looks great, and I love the blouse. Gorgeous pics too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this pattern and thinking it's a great fall pattern. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blouse and skirt look great together, Cindy. You're onto a winner if MG wanted to wear it to school the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that smocked blouse (amazing ....) and it looks so great with a denim skirt - perfect for church and school, I reckon :)
    I can't wait to see your flipped version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana Sofia! I have a lot of ideas in mind...I suppose I need to settle on one pretty soon!;)

      Delete
  5. I love the skirt. And it makes such an adorable outfit with the blouse. You are really making me want to sew. I love her hat too. She is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her whole outfit! Best dressed girl at school!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit, I love the colors together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Clothing with blues and greens in it are definitely a favorite with my kids.:)

      Delete
  8. Oh my, this chickadee looks like you Cindy!! I always do a "stick to the pattern" version before my flip too! I need to write my hangout hoodie post for this month! Yikes!! I don't plan ahead as far as you lol! So this skirt is January? I love it! I like that we can line it in a fun print:) very cute project:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pairing, a nice Fall outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love a good basic denim skirt...they go with everything!

      C

      Delete
  10. Beautiful blue fabrics you chose and what a cute chickadee you have!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy: So glad she likes the skirt! We can't wait to see what you come up with for Flip this Pattern. PS We'll be putting our Chickadee skirt and blouse pattern on sale soon for everyone who wants to play along in January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good basic pattern with a little twist.:) I love how quick it was to sew!

      C

      Delete
  12. Fantastic outfit. She looks beautiful in every picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the last photo of her! She is beyond adorable in her great clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is just the sweetest wee girl and I adore this ensemble Cindy.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole! I'm working on BK's skirt and hope to finish it really soon.;)

      Delete
  15. Love those photos of MK. She's such a pretty child and looks adorable in that outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Peta! It's an outfit that is very MG.;)

      C

      Delete
  16. This is such a cute style for a denim skirt and (of course) it goes perfectly with the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muy linda la falda y se ve muy bien con el estampado de la blusa. Un lindo conjunto!!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!