Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt, Take 2

~Clever Charlotte has the Chickadee Skirt & Blouse on sale for $10 through December 15th.  This is the pattern that I'll be flipping as part of Frances Suzanne's Flip This Pattern series in January.~

I had another denim Chickadee skirt cut out thanks to my not double checking the cutting layout when I sewed MG's skirt.  Lucky for me, I have 2 little girls who are close in size.

Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt

pattern:  Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt
size:  6
fabric:  denim and Grand Hotel Sunset Rooftop Garden by Jenean Morrison for the lining
mods:  sewed the side seams with a narrower seam allowance and added a functional button to the front

Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt
 
BK has a rounder body than her sisters.  When I finished the first Chickadee skirt and had BK try it on, it was a struggle for her to get the skirt over her bum without putting some serious strain on the seams.  Once it was on, the fit was fine.  So for her skirt, I did 1/4" seams on the sides to give her a little more room.  I also didn't topstitch the front cross over panel all the way to the top of the skirt.

 
Clever Charlotte Chickadee Skirt  
 
The couple of inches the opening provides makes the skirt easy to get on and off with no worries about popping the side seams. Plus, I think it's kind of a cute design feature.;)
 
I still need to make the Chickadee blouse one time per the pattern before I begin my flip.  I have an idea of what I'd like to do but I'm not sure if it's doable.  The clock is ticking...I'd better get on it!


24 comments:

  1. So cute! I love classic denim look and the crossover with the button adds so much cute interest. especially love the cotton print! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...the lining makes it so fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cute - I love the lining :-)
    I have made the blouse a couple of times (it's lovely), but not the skirt - it looks like such a great a basic piece (a must-have for my girl's wardrobe). Hopefully I'll be making one soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the blouse last night. MG was going to wear it to school today but the weather has warmed up considerably and she decided to wear short sleeves instead. The skirt is a really quick sew, when you get around to making it.;) Thanks!

      Delete
  4. What a pretty happy lining! I'm excited to see what you do with your flip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I had more of that fabric to make a long sleeve blouse. Oh well!

      C

      Delete
  5. It is so adorable! I love the button and the lining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so prepared!!! I'm completely impressed with the practice phases on your upcoming flip! Excited to see your vision in a garment....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prepared??lol I admit to a little bit of panicking when you sent out the email with the dates that you wanted the post by. I need to get busy with the flipping!

      C

      Delete
  7. This is very cute. I love the lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! BK has a roller skate tunic out of that fabric. I'm hoping she'll wear that over a long sleeve top with the skirt....but she doesn't really care for layering.;)

      C

      Delete
  8. Preciosa!!!. Poco más que decir!!. Quiero una para mi hija!!.
    Besitos guapa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Gracias! Espero que estas faldas conseguirá mucho desgaste.

      Delete
  9. I love that button....super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun flipping this pattern, try your idea and you'll see how it goes, you might learn something new along the way which is always nice with sewing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving all of your projects Cindy.your girls ha egotten so big!

      Delete
    2. I've made the blouse now too so I have a better idea of how my flip will come together. We'll see....

      C

      Delete
  11. Adorable:) I can't wait to see your "flip" !!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cute flower button... looks like it's wooden. The fabric you've chosen looks great with the denim. Can't beat denim for kids' clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Preciosa, me encanta! el detalle del botón y la tela del forro muy linda!
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies





    1. ¡ ojalá que tuviera algo más de la tela del forro para que yo pudiera coser una blusa de manga larga con la falda! Gracias.

      Delete
  14. Great idea for making it fit! Cute skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!