Friday, December 6, 2013

Sewing for Tweens and Teens

Sew Cool for the Tween Scene

I'm sharing today over at Sew Cool for the Tween Scene about the success and failures I've experienced sewing for a tween (now a teen!). 

Sew Cool for the Tween Scene is a blog chock full of pattern reviews, round ups, and advice from other bloggers who sew for kids between the ages of 9 -13 years of age.  It's a much needed resource since most sewing blogs are focused on preschool/early elementary age sewing.  Be sure to check it out!



6 comments:

  1. Great post over there. I think it is amazing to see how much your daughter has grown up in those pictures!!! Plus, showing what worked and didn't is very helpful. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 8 and is almost in that tween stage. Already she doesn't always like what I sew for her. Thanks for posting about the Sew Cool for Tween site---very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for alerting me to the 'tween blog. DD will be getting there, and I'd rather be prepared :-) I love how sophisticated K's taste is, preferring a duffle coat and button down over loud prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I not realise that there is a blog for this? Thought it was just the flickr group....off to read....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting to read your thoughts! There are too many clothes politely sitting unworn in my 9yo girls' dresser. I'm learning! Luckily, little sisters will probably wear them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!