Friday, February 14, 2014

Hopscotch in Hearts


Seeing as BK already had a heart shirt to wear to school on Valentine's Day, I had to make one for MG.

 

Heart Hopscotch

pattern:  Oliver + S Hopscotch
size:  7 width, 10 length
fabric:   Rainbow Tiny Hearts Cotton Jersey Knit Fabric from Girl Charlee (2 years ago) and blue ribbing
mods:  additional length added

Heart Hopscotch
 
I had plans to make MG a special shirt for Valentine's Day well in advance of the actual day.  But as usual, a million and one things conspired against me and instead I spent yesterday afternoon sewing her a top.  Notice the splint on her pinkie finger?  I got a call from the nurse at her school on Wednesday that she had hurt her finger in PE.  I didn't think too much about it and planned on her staying at school and coming home normally.  After the second call from the nurse and a recommendation that I take her to the doctor's for an x-ray, I went and picked her up.
 
image
 
Ick!  Not the little owie that I was expecting.  The doctor didn't think x-rays were necessary as the finger wasn't displaced.  So, she gets to wear a splint for the next week or so and is excused from volleyball (and any other contact sports!) in the meantime.  But it's not slowing her down a bit.:)
 
Heart Hopscotch
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 
 

22 comments:

  1. *gasp* Oh no! Poor MG. That looks painful. Get better soon xox
    That is a very pretty shirt, lovely colours with the ribbing fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing much better this week.

      Thanks, Katy! The top is super soft and I'm sure will be worn a lot.

      C

      Delete
  2. Adorable shirt! Poor pinky finger though. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice! Her finger is much better this week.:)

      Delete
  3. Poor little thing, I hope her finger gets better soon! adorable shirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Poor MG, hope it is feeling a little better now. Adorable shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittney! She's a trooper and back to her normal self.

      I was so glad to finally use that heart fabric. I think the Hopscotch top was a good fit for it.

      Delete
  5. Poor girl :( Beautiful shirt though! I love the turquoise on the neckline. And holy cow. I seriously wondered if this was a mini-you!!! She looks just like her mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your pinkie mends soon MG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor bubba. I love the shirt, she's grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peta! She has grown a lot. In my mind she still only 5 years old...not almost 9!

      Delete
  8. Oh, poor baby! I glad it's not broken though! I love her little top! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor little girl, big cuddles but what a sweet top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor girl! She and the top you made couldn't be cuter. Hope you had a happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shirt, but, ouch! That finger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, hope the finger heals quickly! The top looks lovely with the aqua trim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute top, hope the pinkie gets better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks stunning. Even with a big, purple pinky in a splint.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty daughter and pretty top. Sorry about her hurt finger.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, ouch! I hope a fun new shirt helped make her feel a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Owie! Cute shirt. She's looking so old all of a sudden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!