Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Customizing with Oliver + S



 
Want to know how I made the Class Picnic Blouse into a spaghetti strap top? Pop on over to the Oliver + S blog to find out!


 
If you're visiting here from Oliver + S for the first time, Hello! My name is Cindy and I sew for myself and my four kids known as K, P, BK, and MG here on the blog.  As the kids grow older, I'm finding that I'm not sewing quite as much.  Time to sew is hard to come by with four active kids who always seem to have a practice or activity away from the house.  My productivity may be way down but I did manage to sew an Oliver + S outfit, Jalie running shorts, swimsuits and more swimsuits, and tops for my girls and myself this summer.  Hopefully, with all the kids back in school in a couple of weeks I'll have more time to sew.:)  Thanks for stopping by!
 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing how you've altered the pattern, Cindy. I'm sure this could be done with other tops. I've pinned for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your post - what a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! I need this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that face! It is priceless :) Great job on the alteration - love the post

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous top :-) & congrats on having it up on the O+S blog. Her hair, I would need hours of UTube videos, & it still wouldn't look like that! It's a great style on her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute adaptation! Off topic love the braid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love this pattern modification!! Will definitely have to try this (probably for next Summer though)! I totally get what you mean about sewing productivity slowing down during the Summer months. I've hardly sewn a thing it seems and I'm going through severe withdrawal!! Our school year ending with a teachers strike so the kids were out of school early and the teachers are still striking with no end in sight. Wahhh.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!