Friday, October 24, 2014

Bimaa for BK

Another Kids Clothes Week is in progress and even though I didn't make any plans to participate this time around, I found myself sewing for the kiddos.  One project was for K but ended up being too big on her so I am the proud new owner of a Briar top.  Pictures and details to come when I find some time (and a photographer).  I've also been slowly working on a trench coat for MG.  BK wasn't left out...she got herself a new long sleeve top.  Can you guess what pattern it is?
 
Sure enough...it's a Bimaa Sweater!  Sarah of LouBeeClothing has expanded the size range from 6/12 months all the way to 12 years.  And it's the Crafterhours Friday Fiver so from 10 am EST today to 10 am EST Saturday you can purchase the pattern for $5 with the code FRIDAY5.
 
 
pattern:  Bimaa Sweater from LouBeeClothing
size:  10
fabrics:  cotton/lycra knits
*I was a pattern tester of the expanded sizes so I received the pattern for free.  All opinions are as always my own!

BK's chest measurement puts her is a size 8 but since the Bimaa is meant to be slim fitting I went up to the size 10.  BK prefers a little more ease in her clothes.;)  For reference, she now wears a 10/12 (for shirts) in RTW.

perfect amount of ease, not too tight and not too loose
 
 
The Bimaa Sweater pattern has more options than the cowl.  It also has a shawl collar and a hood.  I really like the way the hooded version looks.  I'm thinking of giving up my precious wool/nylon knit fabric I've been hoarding so that I can make MG one to wear for Girls on the Run practice.  It would be perfect for running in cool weather.  But that cowl...there's no denying that it's super cute!
 
 





13 comments:

  1. This is really cute Cindy. We have not yet made up a Bimaa, but each one I see is cuter than the one before. I may need to snatch it up while it is on sale. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Cindy - great fabric. It looks great on BK (10/12 - eeek! Slow down kiddo ;-) )
    I've got this pattern in the original size range - should pull it our before mine all outgrow it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Cindy, I still haven't sewn up the original Bimaa, even though I really adore it. Love your version with the pink cowl and the zig zag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mini looks taller and slimmer now- I can't believe a size 10, wasn't she a size 6 about two seconds ago? I remember one year Bella went up in size 3 times in less than 6 months. Her sweater is so pretty and it looks like it'll fit through another growth spurt. Good sew, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! That fabric is such a fun print. And I'm so excited to hear that the Bimaa has gone up in size. I never got to try it since all my kids were above the first run of sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see that you were able to do some KCW sewing! Size 10, when did that happen!?! I always thought that this was such unique fabric because it looks like a knitted sweater. Perfect fit and it's so bright, cheerful, & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still one of my most favourite patterns ever! M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? I'm so glad that Sarah expanded the size range!

      C

      Delete
  8. I love this pattern! Yours is awesome, I love those colors on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittney! I'm wanting one for myself.;)

      Delete
  9. It's a gorgeous top, makes her look grown up! But a trench coat!!! I've been dreaming about sewing one for the last few years, so can't wait to see what you do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great call on the sizing up to 10. The fit looks perfect on her! And OMG Cindy, Love that fabric!! It is the coolest. I'm looking forward to seeing the Briar top on you :) and wishing you luck on the trench coat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!