Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ice Cream for Fall



 
I took advantage of the beautiful afternoon and no running around right after school to take a few pictures of a top that's been finished for over a month.  I had plans to photograph the top shortly after finishing it (with a stunning location to boot) but I had forgotten to put my memory card back in the camera. One of those Doh! moments.   I'm not the only one who has those, right?



pattern:  Oliver + S Ice Cream Top
size:  8
fabric:  Tula Pink - Prince Charming - Dandelion in Coral


Not much to say about this pattern that hasn't already been said.  This is the fourth time I've sewn it and I love the way it looks.  It pairs perfectly with a pair of shorts (Sandbox Shorts here) or jeans.  My younger girls prefer knit tops but will happily wear an Ice Cream top.

Ice Cream Top Fall close
 
The only thing I did 'differently' was to cut the yoke on the cross grain. I had slightly less than a yard of the Tula Pink print left and by the time I got around to cutting the yokes out there wasn't much left. I like it! The direction change is subtle but it's there. I think it adds a little additional interest.;)
 
 




26 comments:

  1. love the ice cream top in lawn/voile ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?:) The Ice Cream top is a must have for every little girl, I think!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Indeed it does! Must have more Ice Cream tops.;)

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful! Your daughter looks really good in red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this top, the shape, the fabric. My girls also prefer knit tops.. but this one might be an exception!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michal! The girls wore out their other Ice Cream tops. We were able to get 2 years wear out of them.lol Hopefully, we can with this one too!

      Delete
  5. Love this top, Cindy. I really should invest in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - It's a perfect pattern (and I think I've done the top more often than the dress) and the fabric is absolutely stunning!
    The colors look gorgeous on her :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only done the dress once but the top 4 times now. The girls like the style and so do I!

      Thanks, Ana Sofia!

      Delete
  7. I love it. What beautiful fabric. I want to make one for my girl now but it is long sleeve weather here for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice sew! I'm admiring your photos too. I've got to break out the big lens & figure out how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Coral is a lovely color for girls, and that pattern is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are reminding me of how great this pattern is! I like it as a dress but I think the top is so practical. It layers well, sews up fasts, looks good with everything. Maggie definitely needs one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect for fall & goes so well with the fantastic topstitched shorts you made!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great outfit Cindy. Love the colours of the top and I agree it's perfect with those shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect fall combination!!! The colors are just beautifully paired together....between the top and shorts....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delicious combination, I love it with those shorts and it's perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brittney! Now if only it would stay warm so she can wear it a few more times...

      Delete
  15. Love the top, the fabric, and the photos. Good reminder to pull out this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute top! Love that style on girls! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always seem to forget about the ice cream pattern and then I see one pop up somewhere and suddenly want to make one myself! This fabric is great, the colors are perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cindy, Cindy! You are making me want to go sew another one of these tops up :) They are perfect for a go-to pattern. K also likes to wear knits but will wear these often too. The print, the top, and the girl are all gorgeous!!! mmm Tula Pink. yummy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous top! This fabric is perfect for it, besides, red looks great on your little model :) Gotta buy this pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!