Monday, January 5, 2015

2014 Wrap Up

I wouldn't feel right jumping in to 2015 sewing with out some kind of close to my 2014 sewing.  I don't have the time (nor pictures in some cases) to devote entire posts to each of these so here's a down and dirty wrap up of 2014's projects: 


Hosh Pants, size 8 with yoga style waistband (the expanded sizes/waistband haven't been released yet), aqua interlock and yellow ribbing

 *Grandma Made*

I know I didn't sew these but they are so darn cute I couldn't resist sharing.  I did buy the pattern.;) Simplicity 1233 Frozen Costume MG wanted Anna's coronation gown and at the time there wasn't a specific pattern so my mom worked her magic.  Thanks Mom!



 The Thinking Closet Settlers of Catan free cut file on the onesie and the free Go To Baby Leggings pattern for a special baby gift that was long overdue.

Lady Skater Dress, size 1, blue cotton/lycra knit
Excuse the headless picture...K had double jaw surgery a few weeks before this pic was taken and didn't want her swollen face showing.  Yes, the hem is uneven.  Some things I just don't notice until I see a picture of it.  

Hangout Hoodie

Here's a sneak peek at some sewing that was done before K's surgery.  Once the pattern is released, I'll fill you in on all the details!

My sewing goals/plans for 2015 are to keep it simple and to only sew what I love.  Should be easy, right?  Hope everyone's New Year got off to a great start.  I can't wait to see what y'all make in 2015!


15 comments:

  1. I like all these makes Cindy! You have the perfect Anna and Elsa!!! Happy 2015 to you and I hope to see more of your makes this year (even though you are much busier now) - I miss "seeing" you around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year! Hope K is doing well ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) She is, Colette. Thanks for asking. Back at school this week trying to catch back up with all her missed schoolwork!

      C

      Delete
  3. Jaw surgery? Yikes! Your sewing is all so wonderful - and, happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Best wishes to K. If she doesn't already she could definitely earn some big pocket money modelling athletic wear. Your sewing for her is superb. Love those costumes and you've inspired me to sew some swimwear this year. have a happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you...sew things we love this year:) I followed your advice in Halie patterns and I'm a total convert. I think they will make up a lot of this year's sewing. I didn't notice the hem, why'd you tell on yourself?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurting for K....hope she is on the mend now!! And, LOVE your goal for 2015!! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No one would have noticed the hem if you hadn't pointed it out. Such a sensible goal for 2015 - makes sewing enjoyable and not a chore. Everything looks great, Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Cindy! Poor K! I am glad that she is doing better now. I went through several pages of your sewing. Everything looks wonderful, as usual! Your mom did a fabulous job on the dress-up costumes, too. I can't believe how much the little girls have grown. I love your sewing goal. I only want to sew what I love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, your sewing is fab but look after you too!
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! I'll keep that in mind.;)

      C

      Delete
  10. I bet the younger two love their Frozen costumes. Happy twenty fifteen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! The costumes have been worn multiple times.:) Thanks, Rachel.

      Delete
  11. Good luck post surgery. Had jaw surgery myself in my early 20s...best decision ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing well...has her hopefully last appointment with the oral surgeon on Friday. The difference in her bite is amazing! About 2 weeks post surgery she was wishing she hadn't had it done as recovery was harder than she thought but the more time that goes by the happier she is. I'll be sure to show her your comment, Renae!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!