Sunday, March 15, 2015

'True Friends' Hoodie





BK needed an active wear top for running and I had this really nice cut of merino wool/nylon/lycra knit that was begging to be used.  A quick look through the Ottobre Design magazines and we had the perfect pattern.  BK looked through my ribbing stash and picked an excellent contrast fabric.  I love this color combination!


pattern:  Ottobre Design 04/2014 #37 'True Friends' Hoodie
size:  140
fabric:  Watermelon Pink Merino/Nylon/Lycra knit from New Zealand Merino and Fabrics  ,swimsuit fabric for the hood and inner pocket bags, and cotton/lycra ribbing
modifications:  added some length to the body and sleeves, made thumbhole cuffs

  
Cold weather active wear tops have to have thumbholes (at least at our house)!  


BK picked a pretty aqua blue for the ribbing and I didn't have any jersey that was the same shade.  However, I had a rashguard that was too wide and short to fit anyone sitting in my swimsuit fabric bag.  It was a great match to the ribbing.  Bonus: the slick surface makes the hood slide on and off easily with minimum hair messing up.



I love everything about this top...the hood with ribbing on the edge, the welt pockets, the thumbhole cuffs, the wide ribbing waistband, the colors and most of all, BK wearing it!



                                                                                                                                                                       

   

20 comments:

  1. I love everything about that top too! Slick move with the lining:) I love seeing what you make, it's always on trend! I made my first thumb hole sweater for my nephew and he loved it. I'm calling it spring already so I won't make too many until fall, but I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's perfect! Great running hoodie - love all the activewear you make your kids (and yourself), it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything works together so well! What a great top!
    I must remember to try thumb holes when I make one, I love them on my hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything works together so well! What a great top!
    I must remember to try thumb holes when I make one, I love them on my hoodie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that rash guard fabric really is a perfect match! I love the color combo. This looks so comfy, I want one in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fabric hoarding tendencies finally pay off!;) Thanks, Masha.

      Delete
  6. What a great hoodie! Love the color mix and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous hoodie. Love how you've used swimsuit fabric, Cindy - the perfect matching fabric. Thanks for the links to the New Zealand company. Definitely have to check them out. Very interested as to how the Merino stretch fabric wears over time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the crossover neckline where the hood joins at the front - she looks great in it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a neat detail, isn't it? Thanks, Colette. BK likes it!

      Delete
  9. What an awesome looking hoodie!! The turquoise contrast is perfect! Love the thumb holes too! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! So many lovely details, but the thumbholes are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those thumb holes are the best. BK had been jealous that MG had several tops with them and she only had one fleece jacket with thumbholes. At least now, she has one more!

      Delete
  11. Oh how pretty! I love the contrasting color with the pink :D How did I miss this pattern, I must go dig now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great top, Cindy! BK looks wonderful in those colors. She is getting so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color combo and everything about it! So professional.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you have been sewing so much active wear! They always look so professional. And same goes for your daughters...they grow up way to fast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's wonderful. the fabrics are just perfect, I imagine the wool will be super comfortable and wear well. I agree that the ribbed hood edging is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This hoodie is PERFECT! I love it! I want one for myself. The thumbholes totally make it, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!